Thursday, April 23, 2009

Beauty Perseveres


Driving down a very busy road today, I caught a flash of pale pink along the curb. I expected to see litter, a piece of trash carelessly discarded. But, a second glance revealed something rare. A group of wildflowers in full bloom sprouted from a seam in the pavement. What a wonderful surprise to find beauty in the gutter!

The written word can amaze in a similar manner. I don't know about yours, but my first drafts look more like sewage than botany. Spelling errors, typos, grammar guffaws, and thought hiccups litter many a manuscript in the early stages. Don't be too quick to ditch them, though.

Always take a second glance at your writing. Of course, correct mistakes, but can any apparent blunder transform into splendor? Carefully consider every word when revising. Beauty can persevere!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by!

This sums it up ;)

This sums it up ;)