Sunday, September 6, 2009

The Offense Calls a Timeout

So I was watching a college football game with my husband tonight, and I realized the sport has something I want: the ability to stop time. Granted, the officials don’t actually prevent seconds from ticking away, but they do halt progress of the game periodically. Someone blows a whistle and the teams retreat to the sidelines to rethink their strategies.

I want to stop time.

Imagine how handy that would be. I’d never have to do revisions! Ugly first drafts would be a thing of the past, because I could stop the clock and rethink my strategy as I go along. And writer’s block simply wouldn’t exist. I’d just hit pause until play resumes in my head. Every deadline would be met early and stress would melt away. I’d score a lot more points with publishers.

If only I could stop time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by!

This sums it up ;)

This sums it up ;)