Thursday, April 29, 2010

2009 Amy Writing Awards

Celebrate with me, friends! I was awarded a 2009 Amy Writing Award for "thought provoking, skillful presentation of biblical truth, reinforced with scripture in a mainstream, non-religious publication." My article, "Ready for the Storm," which appeared in the April/May 2009 issue of McKinney Kids Magazine, received 5th Prize and publication in the Amy Foundation’s booklet. The winning article is posted on my website, and can be accessed directly here. It will be available online at The Amy Foundation Monday, May 3, 2010.

I tell you this because yes, I am excited to be honored with this prestigious recognition, but also because I want to encourage you as writers. You see, “Ready for the Storm” was the first article I ever published! It first appeared in a Christian magazine, Living with Loss. I retained the rights and submitted it to McKinney Kids. When it goes live on the Amy Foundation website and is printed in their booklet, it will continue to take God’s message out into the world to places I may never go.

Keep writing, friends. Keep submitting your work. “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men” (Colossians 3:23). Keep writing for Him!

Click here for more information about The Amy Foundation.

5 comments:

Kel said...

Congratulations on this great award! And thanks for the encouragement!

Anonymous said...

Whoa, congratulations to you!!!! What a great accomplishment.

Unknown said...

Thank you, ladies! I'm very excited about it!

Lynnda - Passionate for the Glory of God said...

Congratulations, Jodi. Doesn't it feel wonderful when God takes ink-on-paper (or electrons to monitors)and uses that to speak to other people? This award says you did that with skill. I rejoice with you.

Be blessed,

Lynnda

Unknown said...

Yes, Lynnda, I am amazed how God speaks through our words to reach those who are hurting. Thank you for rejoicing with me!

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by!

This sums it up ;)

This sums it up ;)